Hiking and Biking
Looking for a relaxing stroll or bike ride with scenic lakeside views? The Sonju Trail in Two Harbors is a ‘must-do!’ This partially paved trail runs along the shore of Lake Superior for approximately one mile, between Burlington and Agate Bays. Along the trail, you will find gorgeous lake views, beautiful wooded areas, picnic spots, wildlife, and spur trails to smaller beaches! Access and parking for this trail may be found at either Agate or Burlington Bays or parking is available at the RJ Houle Information Center, on Highway 61 near Burlington Bay.
This paved trail runs through the uptown area of Two Harbors, beginning at Lakeview National Golf Course. On this trail, you’ll find the best of both worlds on different parts of the trail: picturesque wooded areas and quaint small-town city sights. There is no designated trailhead but parking is available at the RJ Houle Information Center on Highway 61, across from Lakeview National Golf Course.
Superior Hiking Trail
This 300+ mile trail stretches between Duluth and the Canadian Border. With trailheads every 5-10 miles and rustic campsites along the way, the Superior Hiking Trail is perfect for every type of hiker. Plan an extended trip and bring your tent or take a day trip or one of the shorter loops! Visit shta.org for maps, trail conditions, and information or visit the SHTA Office and Retail Store in Two Harbors!
Gitchi-Gami State Trail
The Gitchi-Gami State Trail is a paved, non-motorized biking and walking trail along the North Shore of Lake Superior. Once completed, the trail will be 89-miles, stretching between Two Harbors and Grand Marais. There are currently various sections completed, with more in progress as funding comes available. Visit ggta.org for trail maps, virtual trail tours and anticipated schedules for future section completions.
Hike the 8 State Parks between Two Harbors and the Canadian Border!
- Gooseberry Falls State Park (12 miles north of Two Harbors)
- Split Rock Lighthouse State Park (19.4 miles north of Two Harbors)
- Tettegouche State Park (31.1 miles north of Two Harbors)
- George H. Crosby Manitou State Park (45.9 miles north of Two Harbors)
- Temperance River State Park (53.3 miles north of Two Harbors)
- Cascade River State Park (73.7 miles north of Two Harbors)
- Judge C.R. Magney State Park (96.4 miles north of Two Harbors)
- Grand Portage State Park (123 miles north of Two Harbors)